Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Consumer Reports Identity Theft Protection I Use A G4 PowerBook That Is 7 Years Old. I Wish To Buy An Imac And Need Help-see Details. What Should I Do?

I use a G4 PowerBook that is 7 years old. I wish to buy an imac and need help-see details. What should I do? - consumer reports identity theft protection

First, I am a novice user so please bear with me. Is there an upgrade to HD for my PowerBook G4 with a 10G HD that's over and it works very slowly? Also for the proposed purchase of the new iMac, how do I protect both the iMac and I viruses and identity theft online ... In other words, I wanted to buy Norton AntiVirus, Norton Confidential, Norton Personal Firewall and Norton Internet Security ... have all the necessary products for complete protection, or not enough? Or is in conflict with each other while running on the same computer, or I buy other software better? Consumer Reports has not much to say about working with Macs. I know that Macs will be less vulnerable, but by buying the new iMac, I have to buy prior to software from Parallels to run Windows on my Mac, and I know I need a kind of protective software. HELP! I do not know which way to finish!

2 comments:

redsoxer said...

You do not need all these things get just the firewall built into OS X that came with your Mac, install Windows, you use the built-in firewall in Windows and the free version of AVG Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware. In addition, the use of Windows you are using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, and will be ready. That's really all you need, everything else is unnecessary waste.
You can download it here:
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
http://www.firefox.com

Shdwgate said...

Mac suck, no offense. They are expensive, and many pieces of exclusive use. What a pain. It's like paying more for something, but the brand before the same material. The only thing that makes them interesting is that if you really care about the Mac operating system (and sorry if you do not!).

Save money (and pain) with a PC, contact your next order.

Post a Comment