Saturday, January 30, 2010

Female Dog Genital Hernia I Have A Very Bizarre Question- I Have A 16 Month Old Female Dog Whose Genital/ Butt Area Have Been Smelling..?

I have a very bizarre question- I have a 16 month old female dog whose genital/ butt area have been smelling..? - female dog genital hernia

My dog female genital area / cap are really smell like dead fish, poultry, from time to time during the last month or two (I know, gross). I give him a bath every 1-2 weeks with warm water. I know this sounds serious, but I have no idea what else to do. I thought the same food for 3-4 months, so I know that's not it. I Started vitamins glucosamine dogs during the last month or so, but could it be? Suggestions?

12 comments:

okami419 said...

Dogs have anal glands that are sometimes inflamed. This can lead to infection if not caught early. I suggest reviewing it to a veterinarian. If this is the cause, the vet will prescribe antibiotics and possibly drain the glands for you.

levaruhz said...

It could have an infection. Especially when there are still parts of her daughter in diving. Who would take her to a vet and see what happens. I have also heard that some dogs, if they are not a shovel, when in the heat, they wear perfume, but I do not know what kind of smell. As I said, it should be a vet, they are sure what it is.

windrift... said...

Hello:

Firstly, glucosamine is to lubricate joints. It could be his anal glands are full, or it may have an infection of the urinary tract, I would suggest, but they have checked out to your vet and get it, could the poor child in a lot of discomfort. Good luck.

mighty_p... said...

She is neutered? If not, then it follows that a false pregnancy, or they could have an infection of the uterus. Anyway, get the vet!

Glucosamine is that lubricate the joints, it will not work on your genital area.

winnie said...

Not sure, but he could of vitamins and see if that solves the problem, otherwise it can be any type of infection and should go to the vet. Good luck!

Dogmom CA said...

Take her to the vet, who was probably an infection.

Bonzie12 said...

Sounds like his anal glands should be removed. A barber or the veterinarian to do to you can.

waveyT said...

And take your dog to the vet?

kneeongr... said...

Talk to your veterinarian.

just_c0w... said...

Stop and smell layer to her ass lol

Mandie said...

could be heat, or an infection of the urinary tract Trackter is common in small dogs - What kind of dog it is

yankeega... said...

You want to take him to a vet, because it is a sign of a problem

Post a Comment